• Schedule a tour!

  • By submitting this form you are consenting to be contacted by a representative of Broken Arrow Beauty College via text, e-mail or telephone.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get Enrolled Schedule a Tour

918.294.8627">Schedule Your Tour Today! - 918.294.8627

Blonde woman instructing brunette woman holding hairdryer and round brush styling a blonde woman's hair

6 Things to Ask When Transferring Beauty Schools

So, you’re transferring beauty schools. We’re excited to have you! Broken Arrow Beauty College welcomes you! We know that starting at a new school brings excitement, stress, and a lot of questions. So we’re here to help. Here are a few things to know before you make the transfer.
Which school is right for me-banner

What do I Need to do to Transfer Beauty School Hours?

When changing schools, you may wonder how transferring hours goes down. Here’s what will happen:

  • If you are currently enrolled in another school, you must pay your due balance there first.
  • You must get a release from you current school before you can start with us. If you owe money to your current school, you must determine a settlement with them or pay the balance.
  • Your recorded hours must be verified through the Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology.

Are all hours from all schools accepted?
The short answer is no. We don’t accept all hours from all schools. Here is the breakdown of the hours we accept:

  • If you are coming from a non-Pivot Point school, half of the hours in the course (that are recorded by your state board) are accepted.
  • If you are coming from a Pivot Point school, the hours that will be transferred with be discussed with you and our admissions team.

If you are coming from out of state: all of this is applicable to you. In addition, you will wait a bit longer to start classes with us because your recorded hours have to be transferred from your state board of cosmetology to Oklahoma’s.

What do I Need to do to Transfer Financial Aid Between Beauty Schools?

Students may have several types of financial aid that they wish to transfer with them when they start here at Broken Arrow Beauty College. Here are the steps to take to make sure it transfers with you.

  • If you have a balance at your current school, they may not have subtracted everything you have used yet. So pay off your balance before attempting to transfer your financial aid.
  • If you have federal aid, make sure to go into your FAFSA and add our school code to your application. Otherwise, we will not be able to see or take it.
    •  Our school code is: 015930
      • This is one of the most forgotten steps when transferring financial aid! Make sure you complete this step!
  • If your current school uses late disbursement, you will have to complete the courses necessary to get the end balance.
  • If you have another type of aid that you want to transfer, not listed here, or you have any questions, please contact our admissions offices!

The amount available to you will depend on how much you have used at your other school so far.

Often, beauty colleges leave your FAFSA incomplete or incorrect. Make sure to contact us with questions about your FAFSA and transferring your federal aid to avoid applying with an incomplete application. We can help you fix any past mistakes!

If you are trying to transfer federal aid that you have applied for in a previous year, you will have to apply for government aid again. Federal aid does not transfer between years.

Unsure of where to transfer to? Read our blog about picking the perfect beauty school for you!

What Are the Fees When I Transfer Beauty Schools?

Fees are applicable at any school. Here are the potential fees you will have to pay before you start with us:

  • Equipment fees will vary depending on the tools you have currently, so make sure to ask our admissions team.
  • If you are coming from a Pivot Point school some fees will be required, so make sure to ask our admissions team.
  • If you are coming from a non-Pivot Point school, you will be required to pay all of our new student fees.

What Documents do I Need When Transferring Beauty Schools?

Before you started beauty college, you may have been required to provide documentation of your education. This may vary between schools. Here is what we require:

  • You must bring in your physical copy of your GED certificate, High School diploma, or Home School diploma.
    • Proof of education does not transfer between schools.
    • We do not offer diplomas for general education through our school.

Find our admissions requirements here.

When Will I start at Broken Arrow Beauty College?

We’re excited for you to start learning with us! Here is when you will be able to join your classmates at Broken Arrow Beauty College:

  • If you are coming from a non-Pivot Point school, you will be able to start on one of our typical start dates, as you will have to go through our Basic Skills course.
    • Our start dates can be found here.
  • If you are coming from another Pivot Point school, we will do a skills evaluation and assess where you will start in our program.

Generally, you will be starting at the same time as our brand new students!

The Culture

At Broken Arrow Beauty College, we pride ourselves in our wonderful and embracing culture. When you start here, we make an effort to make sure that you are enjoying and understanding your new college.

If you have any questions about our programs, please visit our course page, or contact us!


Love it? Share it!
Notify of

1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Silas Knight

It’s good to know more about going to cosmetic school. I like how you said that it’s good to make sure your FAFSA is transferred, if you’re transferring. My daughter wants to go to beauty school, so I’ll tell her this.

Sep 12 2016