Thinking About a Future in Beauty? It’s Time to Get Started!
You’ve always dreamed of a career in beauty. It’s been your passion for a while now and it’s how you’ve always envisioned your future. Between planning for your education, licensing, paperwork, and financing, getting there can feel a little discouraging. That’s why we’re here to help. We’re going to break down the key steps to get you started in the beauty industry.
Find a school you love
Choosing a beauty school doesn’t have to be a complicated process. The first step would be finding a school that matches what you’re looking for. At Broken Arrow Beauty College, we’re more than just a school; it’s a family. Our curriculum is designed with your success in mind. We’re dedicated to giving our students all the tools they may need to be successful in their careers.
We highly recommend scheduling a tour to help with your decision. You’ll get an inside look into the daily life of a student. You can meet instructors, see classrooms, and get any questions you have answered. It will help you get a better understanding of the student culture to see if it’s a good fit.
Choose a program
After you’ve found your beauty school, the next step is to figure out what kind of program would be best for you. Which part of the beauty industry intrigues you the most? Do you have a love for skincare? Do you have a passion for hair and makeup? Or maybe you’re into art and design and becoming a manicurist is in your future. Make sure the program you choose will help you get the career you want. We’re going to do a quick run-down of our programs and what you can learn.
If you love all things hair, skin and nails then our basic cosmetology program could be perfect for you. Our basic cosmetology program is 1500 hours which can be completed in as little as 12 months. Those 1500 hours are broken down into the following:
- Theory – 150 hours
- Manicuring and Pedicuring – 90 hours
- Facials – 60 hours
- Shampooing / Conditioning / Rinses / Scalp Treatments – 90 hours
- Hair Styling – 390 hours
- Hair Color Tints /Bleaching / other Color Treatment – 120 hours
- Hair cutting with Shears, Razors, and Clippers (including Beard grooming) – 180 hours
- Fundamentals of Business Management, State Board Rules, and Regs – 180 hours
- Hair Restructuring, Permanent Waving, and Chemical Relaxing – 240 hours
If you’ve always been passionate about skincare, then you could be a great fit for our esthetics program! This program is 600 hours which can be completed in as little as 5 months. This is where we train our students in the science behind skincare basics and the business that supports it. The program is broken down as follows:
- Theory: Bacteriology, Sanitation, Sterilization, Cosmetology Law – 120 hours
- Sciences: Anatomy, Histology, Dermatology & Physiology of the Skin – 180 hours
- Facials: Includes draping, manipulations, cleaning, toning, chemistry, light therapy & makeup – 200 hours
- Non-permanent hair removal – 40 hours
- Salon development (includes business administration, law, insurance, professional ethics, record keeping, business telephone techniques, salesmanship displays, advertising, hygiene & public health) – 60 hours
The barbering industry is continuing to grow with more and more barber shops popping up, making it an exciting industry to be a part of! Our barbering program is 1500 hours which can be completed in as little as 12 months. The program breaks down into the following:
- Safe Work Practices – 155 hours
- Salesmanship / Business Practices – 175 hours
- Anatomy, Hair and Scalp Treatments – 200 hours
- Facial Massage and Treatment – 40 hours
- Hair Cutting and Styling – 580 hours
- Chemical Relaxing, Soft-Curl Perms, Permanent Waving – 95 hours
- Hair Coloring – 150 hours
- Male Hair Services, Beard Design, Shaving – 65 hours
- Board Rules and Regulations and Statutes – 40 hours
If you have a passion for art and design, this program could be a perfect fit for you. Our 600 hour manicurist program which can be completed in as little as 5 months. The program is designed to prepare our graduates to work in the nail industry in a variety of positions. Our program is broken down into these sections:
- Theory: Bacteriology, Sanitation, Sterilization, Anatomy, Cosmetology Law – 80 hours
- Nail Structure, Composition, Disorders & Diseases, Manicuring, Pedicuting, Waxing and other Non-Permanent Hair Removal – 220 hours
- Artificial Nails – 160 hours
- Nail Art – 60 hours
- Salon Development: includes business administration, law, insurance, professional ethics, record keeping, business telephone techniques, salesmanship, displays, advertising, hygiene & public health – 80 hours
Start your journey today!
Are you ready to start your future in beauty? Looking for a school that will help set you up for success in the industry? Broken Arrow Beauty College can help with that. Contact us today to learn more about our programs or to enroll! We can’t wait to help you get started in your beauty school journey.