How to Find Your Perfect Beauty School
A career in beauty has always been your dream. Cosmetology. Esthetics. Nails. You have felt the call since you were young, and as much as you try to pursue other paths, you know that a future in beauty is the only path for you.
Even though you know your calling, figuring out how to get there may be overwhelming. First things first: it all begins with education.
If you are needing to transfer beauty schools, or are looking for your perfect school for the first time, finding your match is important! Not only will it help you have a great experience, but it can also help you launch your future career just where you want it.
Here are our tips to help you find your perfect school:
Find Your Tribe
Yes, you are going to beauty school to get an education, but you are also going to be spending the next 8-13 months in the school you choose, surrounded by the same people. It’s important that you not only feel comfortable in your chosen school but that you wake up every day excited to go!
You want to go to school in a place that makes you feel less like a number, and more like a person. You want to go somewhere that is both challenging and fun, filled with people and teachers that fuel you and your creativity.
At Broken Arrow Beauty College, we strive to create an environment that promotes growth and fun in a seamless balance that can help build you into a successful beauty professional.
Here are some ways you can see if your potential schools fit this bill:
- Take A Tour– This is the best way to determine the environment of a school – go see it for yourself!
- Follow Them on Social Media– Want a true ‘behind-the-scenes’ look at your school of choice? Check them out online and see what they, or their students, are posting.
- Attend a Public Event– Sometimes schools will have open houses or community days. These events can let you see the school in action, and even talk to current students.
Find Your Family
Attending a school that makes you feel comfortable is important, but finding a school that makes you feel at home could be the difference between a certificate and success!
After opening our doors in February 1969, Broken Arrow Beauty College has strived to do just that. Our dedication to our students has been passed on to families for generations; grandmothers, mothers, sons, and daughters have received their education from us.
When you find a school that feels like home, you can rest assured that the support and strength you will learn there can last for years to come.
Find Your Specialty
What do you want to do in your beauty career?
Chances are you already know the answer to this question, but if you don’t, identifying the path you want to take is going to be a big help in finding your perfect school.
Do you want to own your own salon? Or perhaps you want to find a future doing hair and makeup for movies? There are a ton of career options available to you, and you want to make sure you are getting an education that helps you reach them.
Here are some things to ask your potential schools to help you know if they are right for you:
- What Programs are Offered?– If you want to be a cosmetologist you are going to need more than manicuring classes. Make sure your school offers the program you are looking for and start off on the right foot.
- What Additional Resources Do They Have?– If you have a dream of opening your own salon, it could be helpful to attend a school that has marketing or business management classes included in the curriculum. We are proud to offer both at our facilities.
- What Tools Are Offered?– If you are wanting to work at a medical spa you want to make sure that your school has the right set up to teach you that. How is their salon area? What technological advancements do they offer? You can find these out on a tour! Schedule your tour with us, here.
Begin Your Journey
Once you have identified the school that is going to work for you, the next step is enrollment. Find out what you need to enroll here.
If your school offers financial aid, you are going to want to make sure that you are following the correct steps to receive that.
If you would like to enroll with us, or need help navigating the enrollment and financial aid process, please contact us. At Broken Arrow Beauty College we are dedicated to being here for you throughout your educational experience, and helping you make it beautiful.
There is so much that awaits you in a career in beauty! Finding your perfect school is just the start!
We invite you to visit our campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma and see how our school’s culture, passion, and commitment to you can make a positive impact on your education journey.
Schedule your tour today, and take a peek at your tomorrow.
Want to know what kind of school to look for? Take Our Quiz!
Want to learn more about what to expect in cosmetology school?
Check out some of these great blogs to take a peek at our school, and the amazing journey of an education in beauty!
When you are ready to get started, give us a call! We are ready to help you reach your stars!